Material Transfer Agreement Uf

USDA and Florida State Dept. Agriculture and Consumer Services regulate the shipment of relevant materials to the state of Florida or from the state of Florida. Examples: Visit the Gatorlink portal to report a new invention or work or biology material. For more information and a complete list of current partners with links to cooperation agreements, see the Chemical Security Research Cooperation Agreements. A material transfer contract (MTA) is a contract that defines the terms of use and documents the transfer of equipment from one researcher to another. The MTA protects the ownership of the equipment, limits distribution and covers the conditions of liability. When companies request research material from the UF. Companies often request samples of research materials. These applications are processed in different ways, depending on: the material is not patentable, the material is currently patented by UF, or the material is not yet patented (or publicly) and is of possible commercial value.

These transfers are made on a case-by-case basis. In the area of licensing, companies can apply for an unlicensed, exclusive or non-exclusive license for our future patent rights, which does not encourage us to file patents on the work done with their equipment. Research materials in transit are subject to government, federal and international rules, as well as UF safety and compliance guidelines. Here are brief summaries for general awareness; use the links or contact information provided for more detailed information. If you buy equipment or services, you should contact the purchasing services. The EPA cooperates with hundreds of interest groups in industry, science, professional associations, other federal authorities, national governments and non-governmental organizations. The cooperation agreement linked below is the instrument by which the EPA exchanges knowledge and materials such as chemicals, software, chemical data, results of animal toxicity studies, new high-speed screening tests and more with these stakeholders. Receiving or sending research materials to or from the laboratory requires that project records/protocols, inventory, SOPS and/or chemical hygiene plans be updated accordingly. Also potentially applicable: If a researcher at UF needs hardware from a company. University researchers can search for industrial materials for their research, which are always accompanied by an MTA. Because investment and turnover are often important in the industry, an industrial MTA is generally more restrictive than an UBMTA. UF Innovate provides a high-quality expedited service for material transfers while protecting the interests of UF investigators.

As part of this service, we now have a contractual portal for counterfeiting and online monitoring of MTAs. UF researchers can request verification and approval of an MTA for equipment entering the UF. UF and outside researchers can request an MTA for the material to be sent by the UF. Use this link. An MTA is a contract between the owner of a material and the intended recipient, which delineates the transfer and subsequent use of the material. The UF Technology Licensing Office establishes an MTA for materials entering or leaving the UF when intellectual property rights or collaborative research agreements need to be defined and documented.